Advice required please?

Ann F

Oct 25, 2010
Hi
I was directed to this site by a friend in the hope that I could get some consumer advice.

I bought a laptop last Xmas and it has been repaired x3 times (going in for 4th repair tomorrow)

I requested a new machine and was told that my warranty did not cover this, I was told I had to buy warranty to cover this.

Is it worth pursuing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

crista_galli

Aug 3, 2010
Hello there
I'm a newbie too here, but not so new when it comes to buying computers. Whenever you bought your laptop it should've come with a warranty agreement either from the retailer or from the manufacturer (or both). Read them thoroughly and see if this is really the case (they can't replace your computer if under multiple repairs). I know most warranties state that if the product can't be repaired within reasonable time (usually a month) or can't be repaired at all, will be replaced.

They also probably meant you need to buy insurance (?).... never heard of buying additional warranty... but who knows...

neb1405

Nov 19, 2010
i would think so, try quoting the sales of goods act.. is it from a reputable retailer?

they should provide you with a refund if the product didn't work as described (it is their responsibility to then take it up with the manufacturer).