Warning don't buy from this online store

Hoppingmad

Oct 25, 2010
Hi I have just read 2 reviews on Google Maps both having the same problems as me ,a lady ordered a suite in April and still hasn't had delivery and they are not returning her calls either the store is the Furniture Warehouse Burgess Hill ,they have just discontinued the customer service freephone number Im not surprised as it must have been ringing non stop.

walters83

Oct 27, 2010
Wow that truly sounds horrible. I'm always worried about buying furniture online. Especially because of the measurements and wondering if it actually looks the same in reality than it does on the web.

One place i can recommend is this place. I ordered some furniture online a while back after a recommendation from a friend.

i suppose if you didn't want to spend too much Ikea is always a cheaper alternative. I haven't bought anything online though so i wouldn't be able to tell you what their service is like (but i'm sure you wouldn't have many problems as it's a big company!)

Hoppingmad

Oct 25, 2010
Hi walters83,
An update ,the company owner applied for a Independant Volentary Agreement ,IVA,and the company went into liquidation,his creditors ,i.e.all the people who payed for furniture and never got it ,will be getting 35p in the pound over 5 years as will all the suppliers he owes money to.
I was forturnate as my bank paid me all my money back through their charge back facility because I used my debit card ,if you ever by any large purchase on line always use Paypal or a credit card and theres a good chance if there is a dispute you will get your money back.

ABeech

Mar 30, 2015
Don't buy furniture from The Bedroom shop Wigan it's criminal the way i got treated the furniture was nothing like it looked on the website and once they your money they lose interest in you has a customer the firm is one massive con.:mad:

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
Hi

if you want a good furniture retailer you should take a look @ Trade Furniture Company, they have loots of unique designs and their delivery service is amazing. The furniture itself is high quality and uses the same solid wood throughout.

FurnitureGeek

May 1, 2015
Thanks for the advice, I will stay clear from this company and keep looking. I am looking for a good Computer desk with a lot of surface space with a few drawers, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nothingbutepic

Oct 14, 2015
England
I think it's not difficult to buy furniture online. It all depend upon your experience, how many times you buy online. From my experience I recommend you to buy furniture from "Furniture Village". They will provide you good quality furniture.