Flight nightmare

Alcorn54

Nov 1, 2010
Hi

I have just returned yesterday from a weeks holiday in Rhodes through Thompson travel :rolleyes::cool:. However the flights with the travel company were a nightmare ,in that the seats were so narrow it caused me physical pain to my hips and back,the flight was to me horrific ,this is despite upgrading to more room seats. I am a large person but not obese and very narrow at the hips . The travel steward told me that these were planes inherited from another company and were renowned for discomfort ,I have checked out the company web site reviews and he is correct there are hundreds of complaints. Just before I went away for this weeks break I booked a late deal to go away with the same company to Egypt over the Christmas/New year break but had to pay before i left to secure the flights. But! to be honest I honestly cant face the same flight conditions again. I have contacted the company and they have no sympathy at all with my complaint and want over 50% cancellation fees ,this is well over £1500 . Taking into account I only paid for it less than three weeks ago is there anything I can do??:confused:If I leave it any longer they want more money to cancel on a sliding scale ,I have been given no options cancel,and loose my money or go and put up with the horrific traveling conditions. I forgot to mention I paid for and booked the the holiday over the phone .