rising quotes for repairs.

lenny

Nov 4, 2010
We recently left our car in garage to have a fault repaired. We were told it would cost 40 quid to have the car put on a computer testing machine. Having done this the fault was identified and the part ordered, at this stage we were told a quote of 163.00 all in. The next day when my wife went to the garage to give the go-ahead she was told that the staff member dealing with her had given her the wrong quote and she was given a new one of 202.00 approx all in. Paperwork was signed on this quote and my wife came home happy her car was going to be done and would not cost the earth. Alas her joy didnt last long as the garage rang last night and said the first quote was wrong, the second quote was wrong because the part they ordered was the wrong part and now a third quote was given at 282.00 and thats without labour and the cost of the computer readout. I rang the garage and had a chat with someone stating that i wasnt happy with the service we had been given and that their staff were incompetent, to which the person i was speaking to agreed and offered to dispel with the 40.00 charge for having a computer reading, how very generous of him. I feel that we are being taken for a ride by this garage as they seem to change the prices whenever they want and the fact that the staff havent got a clue what they`re doing. Surely if a computer tells you which part u need and why u need it then that should be the end of it. Also if my wife has signed an agreement to have the work undertaken at a given price should`nt that contract be legal and binding......Please help....:confused: