Faulty paintwork repair! Who's responsibility?

Gretenho

Nov 18, 2010
NORTHAMPTON
Hi,
Hello everyone- I am new to this forum and have a problem with my car!

I bought an 18 month old Mini from a Mini main dealer last year. It had bonnet stripes on it when I purchased it and because they had begun to look shabby I removed them.
When I removed them I noticed a line by the side of where one of them had been so I took the car to my local Mini dealership for advice.

They told me that the bonnet had been partially re-sprayed and that whoever did it allowed the paint to build up against the line of the boonet stripe. The quote to remedy this would be in the region of £500.

I have contacted the dealer where I bought the car from and they say that although they had sprayed the passenger door they did not re-spray the bonnet and therefore will not pay to get it rectified!

My question is as this faulty workmanship has de-valued the car (which incidentally I paid full price for!) is the dealer responsible for putting the fault right?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I intend to part exchange it next spring and obviously the fault will be detrimental to its asking price

My question

nmonline

Oct 24, 2010
Hi, don't think you've got much chance of any comeback here, but the dealer's quote for the paint is a little excessive! What colour is the car?

Car Auctions