Completed booking...now saying incorrect price when quoted

theymademedoit

Nov 25, 2010
Hi,
I hope someone can offer me some advice.
Basically I booked a short stay in a hotel in Poland for March 2011 using Alpharooms.com.
Originally when we started looking the price was £129 for 4 nights between 2 people, then a few days later I went to book it and it showed as being just £38 for 4 nights between 2 people.
Now obviously I thought this was crazy cheap so had my doubts about its validity, however I looked on Easyhotels (part of Easyjet) and the price was £38 there too.
We decided to book it as no money was needed until Check out, however they took our card details to secure the booking.
We received confirmation that the booking was successful and we double checked all details and all was correct.
The next day I emailed Alpharooms to double check the price was right and that the room was fully booked (I wanted to do this before booking our
flights) and the representative emailed back to confirm although it did seem cheap it was 100% correct and all secured.
We have now received an email from Laterooms.com who said they are an affiliate of Alpharooms and that there is an issue with the booking.

They are now saying that the price quoted showed in GBP but the actual figure was in Polish currency and was therefore a lot less (which does not make sense...it showed £38...they are saying it should have showed it in Zloty...which makes it £7).
Laterooms have said that the hotel would not allow the booking to go through at that price.
Where do I stand with this?
I have booking confirmations and an email from them saying the price was correct and all booked.
Regards,
Alan