Excell Communications

Jackiglos

Dec 5, 2010
4 months ago I was contacted by phone by a salesman with an offer for a business offer for 2 phones for the price of what I was paying on my vodafone contract. The contract was for 2 phones, each £50 permonth & they discounted them to £15 each. I pay the orange bill then Excell send me the £80 discount via a cheque. For the last 2 months I have been chasing them for the money. My business has finished because of the £240 I have had to pay. Orange are chasing me for another bill of £118 which I can't pay & on phoning Excell I got an automated message saying they are going into liqidation. On ringing Orange they inform me that the contract stands & I now have to pay £120 per month for the next 2 years. I am unemployed, no fixed abode & now facing going into debt too. The paper giving me a 7 day opt out didn't arrive until after the deadline had past. I would have taken it as I realised the 2 year contract would be a permanent thing.
Can anyone give me any advise on how to get out of this extortionate & bad contract which I was conned into?

whoimi

Dec 6, 2010
4 months ago I was contacted by phone by a salesman with an offer for a business offer for 2 phones for the price of what I was paying on my vodafone contract. The contract was for 2 phones, each £50 permonth & they discounted them to £15 each. I pay the orange bill then Excell send me the £80 discount via a cheque. For the last 2 months I have been chasing them for the money. My business has finished because of the £240 I have had to pay. Orange are chasing me for another bill of £118 which I can't pay & on phoning Excell I got an automated message saying they are going into liqidation. On ringing Orange they inform me that the contract stands & I now have to pay £120 per month for the next 2 years. I am unemployed, no fixed abode & now facing going into debt too. The paper giving me a 7 day opt out didn't arrive until after the deadline had past. I would have taken it as I realised the 2 year contract would be a permanent thing.
Can anyone give me any advise on how to get out of this extortionate & bad contract which I was conned into?
Hey Jacki

Join the Gang me too have fallen foul to excell Scam

We are all hanging out and taking refuge here

(Edit i cant post links ) but google up "Excell Communications Go Into Administration"
and find the link to Webologist

Alot of digging has been done and there is alot of shady stuff going on with them! please see the blog i just posted and join us there

s1mon

Jan 8, 2011
Re: Excell Communications Administration

I too am stuck with this Orange contract after Excell Communications went into administration. There was help and advice on the webologist page but now that has been taken down but there's another one here:

news.wacdesign.com/post/2624556238/excell-communications-orange-fiasco

and there's also a Facebook group here

facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_135453419845280&ap=1

I can't submit the link but you can copy and paste those into your browser

bunce2009

Jan 17, 2011
Hi all

me too have fallen foul to excell Scam.

i called orange last week for some help and they told me no you have to pay 65.00 pounds every month, so i asked how much to bye the contract of them, they told me 1000.00 pounds and then put the phone down on me. i will never use orange again they r a big wast of time.

ROYP

Feb 15, 2011
The same thing happened to me too, i feel mugged by excell and orange as i would have been better off staying with 3 now i'm stuck with a 2 year contract i dont want and didnt sign any paperwork either.

On another note my fiances contract with orange had expired and she closed the account and didnt renew it, yet she was still being charged by orange for a contract she didnt have for 3 months after closing and was threatened with bailiffs if she didnt pay.

Nick.Price1961

Mar 30, 2011
Dear Sir or Madam

We are aware that Excell Communications has gone into administration. As a handset distributor, we will try and help you with your problem.
We are also keen to create a case to submit to the Administrator.
Please provide the following information in order that we may assist in attempting to resolve your issues with Excell Communications:

The letter from Excell Communications stating what your offer was
The last statement received from Excell Communications
Photo/Scanned Copy of your Orange bill (December 2010) requiring cash back payment

Please only send copies of documents as originals cannot be returned to you.

The above information can be sent either by:

Fax: 0115 9873667
Unit 1 Colwick Quays Business Park
Colwick
Nottingham
NG4 2JY

ROYP

Feb 15, 2011
Is there any news about our mobile phones with regards to Excell Communications, i'm still paying for an over inflated contract i do not want with the worst mobile company (ORANGE),?:mad:

A Clockwork Orange

Nov 18, 2011
There's a Facebook Group for people affected by this scam under the name excell communications @ groups.facebook.com

We're taking Orange to court over this.