Phone not as described... 24 mth contract

biroqueen

Dec 15, 2010
I went to Phones4U to get an HTC desire on contract.
They told me they no longer had the desire, but I was presented with the HTC Wildfire and told it was THE SAME as the desire just with a smaller screen. Believing this to be true (as I was told, and they wouldn't be allowed to lie, surely?>!) I signed the contract and took the phone.

However, I was on hols 2 and a half weeks later and played with my friends phone - a desire - while they played on mine. We both noticed that mine was far inferior - in processing speed and screen Resolution, not just size. Google searches yesterday proved this to be true.

Today, First chance I got on returning to UK I went in to Phones 4 u - 35 days after original contract signed. I requested a replacement phone of the same / better spec than I was told I was signing for. They said that because I had accepted the contract, not gone away to check spec myself, and had it for 35 days, that there was nothing they could do.

I admit that I have had it the 35 days - but returned to store on first possible opportunity after noticing that I had been MISLED about the phone I signed for - I signed the contract on the basis that I had been told by the salesman it was the SAME just with a smaller screen...

Head office say there is nothing they can do. I really want this not to be the case!!!