Acer Aspire M5811

norfolkman2

Dec 27, 2010
I purchased a brand new Acer Aspire M5811 in June 2010, I've had it for 6 months and in those months, I've been asked to insert boot media disks twice , It wouldn't connect to updates when I turned off the computer. It has since been returned back to the manufacturers.

I had spoken to Acer prior to the connection of updates and they wanted purchase of receipts and also told me that it was a 6 year old machine.

I have very precious data on the D:\ drive which I'm now being told that I can't have back as the computer has been destroyed because firstly it has to be reset back to manufacturer settings and secondly because of the nature of the fault it's been destroyed and a replacement is on it's way.

Firstly, I told the manufacture if it's to be set back to manufacturer settings then the data on the D:\ drive should still be on there. and Secondly I'm being told that the computer has now been destroyed

I would like to know if my consumer rights have been breached as the computer is still legally mine and I own it.

I thought I would have been contacted first to be asked what I would like to do with the computer but that never happened.

Is there anything I can do legally?

I would appreciate any advice