my rights help? i'm stuck??

deano1970

Jan 8, 2011
hi everyone,
I am new to this because I have just found the site. ok, I bought what looked to be(and should have been) a real bargain. I phoned up and oredered a 4ft 6" divan bed with mattress and a headboard all for £154.00..this was from e bay,from a good seller,item number 370334554146...check it for yourself. Anyway,I paid for the bed and it arrived while I was at work,my mrs took delivery of it but didn't bother to check anything. Anyway, it turns out,they sent us just a 4ft divan,very nice but too small. now my mrs had already taken it out of the packaging and tried to put it up,this is when she noticed there was more space either side of our wardrobe than with the old bed. I phoned up the company and told them about this,and they were really quite rude,the guy said he remembers me ordering just a 4ft bed and because the packaging had been removed,it was tough luck. He asked me about the headboard,which I have only just now checked,because I thought I don't have a leg to stand on, And they have sent a headboard for a 4ft 6" base,which is still in the wrappings,I was just going to put it on the bed but I am now thinking,if they sent a headboard for a 4ft 6 base,then maybe he has sent the wrong bed...I really need some help here because,although the bed is really nice,it needs to be 4ft 6,and as he sent a headboard for the 4ft 6 base,maybe I have a case.?? I haven't taken this from the wrappings as I guess it won't fit the 4ft base anyway?? sorry it's so long and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated?? thanks,dean........

24/7 TopDeals

Jun 2, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
I know it's a bit late for a responce but I'll respond anyway.
Seeing that the item was bought through the internet
the seller has to comply with the distance selling regulations
and as such consumers have a 7 working day window to cancel
the transaction.
The fact that you have unpacked the item does not matter as this
is your statutory rights ( how else are you to check the item for damage? )
This is only if the seller is registered as a business, not a private individual.

Gerrit :cool: