Hidden Charges

Weaver2

Jan 11, 2011
HI. I posted this thread on one of the other forums but although it has been viewed 90+ times, no one has replied so far. Hopefully, I will get a more positive response here:

Hiiden Charges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At the end of October or the beginning of November 2010, I received a phone call from my ISP, Supanet, advising me that not only was my contract out of date, but also that my internet use exceeded what had been agreed in that contract. Consequently, after a few phone calls I entered into a new contract with a 40GB Cap and free phone calls at all times to 01, 02 and 03 numbers.

For many weeks following, I tried and tried to get Supanet to send details of what was in the contract and eventually they did. Meanwhile, in order to check my new account, I accessed online and was most surprised at 2 items in my statement. Included in my monthly payment was a £2.47 charge for an Anti virus package and a £2.48 charge for collecting my monthly payment!

I have never ever discussed AV packages with anyone at Supanet because I have no need to having the paid for versions of Superantispyware and Malwarebytes and the free version of Avast. Nor was I ever told by Supanet that I would have to pay for the electronic transfer of my monthly payment.

Yesterday, I spoke to one of the staff at Supanet who tried to tell me that I was not paying for these items because they were included in the monthly total She could see or did not want to see that if the 2 extra costs form part of the total monthly payment, then they are not free. And anyway I dont have to use the AV package if I dont want to.

What do you guys out there think?

PS Insufficient information at point of sale??"