Comet

kittykate

Jan 14, 2011
Hello,
Bit of a long one for my first post so I apologise in advance. I really would appreciate any input you have and Thank you in advance.
I purchased an ex-display NEW computer from Comet in Northampton on the 15th April 2010. It was for my little shop so it had to be new. Today my computer died so knowing it was under warranty I rang Comet who said its not their problem phone Hewlett Packard. I did. I gave them the serial number and they asked for my name which I gave to them. The computer was not registered to me! After much arguing HP told me that my computer was registered to a Mrs Rawlings in 2009 and not only that but my computer had been repaired in dec 2009 making it out of warranty!!!! But I bought it new in April 2010. HP refused to deal with me until I prove ownership by emailing them the receipt. I rang Consumer Direct who said I would have to contact Comet. I did, Comet HO said its not their problem, Its a store problem and they would put me through to the store. The manager at the store refused to speak to me as he was busy. I spoke to an absolutely vile creature who was so rude and aggressive. The store did not see it was a problem either!!! I gave them half an hour to ring me back. They eventually rang back and said if I brought the computer in they would swap it. I have brought the computer back and I did get a new one (I hope) BUT they refused to recover my data, they refused to provide for loss of earnings, they refused to even cover the petrol or phone calls. All the nos I had to phone today were 0844/0845. I am disgusted. How can companies get away with this? Is there anything else I can do??? Would really appreciate any feedback Thank you.