Samsung

Picasso58

Jan 17, 2011
We bought a 50 inch 3D Samsung TV beginning of Dec 2010 from Comet.

It now does not work - standby ligh comes on but does not power up.

Comet say we can not have it replaced but repaired and that the Sales of Good Act is there to protect the supplier and consumer. How do I enforce the Act? Am I entitled to a full refund/replacement without going through the repair process?

Richard

Comet Response

Dec 8, 2009

Comet say we can not have it replaced but repaired and that the Sales of Good Act is there to protect the supplier and consumer. How do I enforce the Act? Am I entitled to a full refund/replacement without going through the repair process?

Richard

Hi Picasso58,

Although I can appreciate the frustration this does caused, we will need to inspect the television so that we can decide on the most appropriate outcome.

Once this is completed dependant on the fault etc. We can then let you know the next actions which will of course be in line with the Sale of Goods Act.

Therefore, so that we can arrange a suitable date for an engineer to attend, please could you contact our booking line on 0844 800 95 95, selecting option 3. Could I also ask that you email me your details direct once this has been arranged so that I can monitor the situation quoting reference number ‘126762’

Please use the ‘contact us’ facility, which is located under the help section on our website.

Thanks

Matt from Comet

Picasso58

Jan 17, 2011
Matt

A Comet Engineer first came Monday 17th and confirmed main board needed replacing.

Was called on Thursday 20th and told part was in stock and engineer booked for Mon 24th to fit new board.

My son took day off work. Engineer arrived today and told us that the incorrect board had been ordered. It will now be another week.

This is totally unacceptable.

I have taken legal advice and I am now going to pursue, through the small claims court and under The Sales of Goods Act (1979 and 2003) either a full refund or replacement new Samsung.

I have tried several times to ask for this through the Comet store, but the manager is adamant they will not replace it.

Please email me if you wish to discuss further.

Richard

Comet Response

Dec 8, 2009

Richard

Hi Picasso58,

I have continued to monitor the situation, and we do not appear to have received a response.

Should you still require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again via our email service.

Regards,

Matt from Comet

smart1

Mar 10, 2011
Hi Picasso58,

Although I can appreciate the frustration this does caused, we will need to inspect the television so that we can decide on the most appropriate outcome.

Once this is completed dependant on the fault etc. We can then let you know the next actions which will of course be in line with the Sale of Goods Act.

Therefore, so that we can arrange a suitable date for an engineer to attend, please could you contact our booking line on 0844 800 95 95, selecting option 3. Could I also ask that you email me your details direct once this has been arranged so that I can monitor the situation quoting reference number ‘126762’

Please use the ‘contact us’ facility, which is located under the help section on our website.

Thanks

Matt from Comet

matt the company you work for are total tossers ,get a new job!

Picasso58

Jan 17, 2011
thanks for the quick reply. The problem has now been solved. The only lesson I have learnt is that I will be more careful where I buy large electrical items from in the future.