Direct Mail For Dummies® for Free

Joe

May 9, 2008
I thought this might be of interest:

Direct Mail For Dummies® provides the practical help and techniques you need to make mailshots work for you and your business.

Packed with tips and techniques for Direct Mail success, this free publication assumes little or no experience of Direct Mail and offers all the practical information you need to make Direct Mail work for you.

If you want to communicate with existing or potential new customers on a one to one basis, Direct Mail is the smart choice. Direct Mail For Dummies® covers planning, execution and management of a successful Mailshot, with practical advice and must-know information. It explains why direct mail is so successful and shows you how it can benefit your company in terms of customer relationships and your bottom line.

Nicola

Facilitator
Whilst the book is useful...it comes as no great surprise that it is being given away free by the Royal Mail.

Personally, I'm already a bit fed up with the deluge of junk mail that I get through my letter box almost every morning (or whenever the postman decides to get round to delivering my mail).

Paul Carcone

Facilitator
Jun 22, 2008
South Coast
www.carconeconsulting.com
Whilst it may be effective for businesses, it is still REALLY annoying. I read somewhere that if EVERYONE who receives a freepost envelope through the mail with a catalogue put it in the post, it would probably bankrupt the companies that send them out.

Personally...I think that would be a great idea as it would save my recycling wheelie bin from being so full every second week!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi Paul,

You could just opt out :Junk Mail, Cold Callers and Telemarketing | Consumer Information

Marketing departments of UK firms must comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act in terms of how they deal with personal data. Nobody likes to receive excessive amounts of junk mail or get badgered by unwanted phone calls, and it is your right not to have to deal with this at all. In addition to your right to opt out under the Act, The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) runs the Mailing Preference Service and the Telephone Preference Service (see: DMA - PREFERENCE SERVICES - Introduction). If you apply to have your details (and the details of anybody else living in your household) put on the list, most reputable firms will pay reference to this list before sending out marketing material.