Developer Wont give me my Bike. What do I do?

jim1293289

Jan 21, 2011
I recently bought an appartment at the a new Development
Its a new Development by the Carville Group. One of Northern Irelands biggest developers, headed by Christopher Carville.

The development, as a new, build was agreed on terms that it should be greener.. more eco friendly with lots of energy saving features, power saving lights a recycling bin, proper insulation, good energy rating etc.

AND a courtesy bicycle from Wheels N Motion.

Carville were awarded the development on these principles and received awards on their greenness.

I received my voucher for my bike before christmas... and inquired about it. They said come down and pick one... I went but was was closed.. so I rang again and arranged a time this week. Yesterday a got a email telling me to ring Chris Carville about some problem with the bikes.

basically after chasing him for some time he said that the bank wouldn't allow him money for bikes... ??

I asked if eventually it would be feasible to get my bike and honor the voucher which is valid and part of the deal. He said at least a couple of weeks... I felt like I was being fobbed off.

I had a think about it and rang Carville back... I asked if the Bike shop could allow this last one... he said no... I said what about another Bike shop he mumbled a bit. And seemed to get really cross. I simply asked what does it mean and what he would do. I never once was aggressive or raised my voice, but as I presssed him a bit and put it to him 'Your trying to get out of giving me my bike' he said 'ok I'll tell you what to do James, you can go ahead and f*** yourself' and hung up the phone..

I was totally shocked and appalled. I couldn't believe that he just went to that level so quick and was so abusive to me.

I think its totally unfair. Is their anything I can do?