Wakeboard tower faulty during 5 year guarantee and seller refusing to help!

wakeboardbabe

Jan 27, 2011
Hi everyone,new here so please bear with me!
I bought a wakeboard tower that fits onto my boat online 2 years and 10 months ago at a cost of £895.
The tower came with a guarantee of 5 years.
During the hard frosts in early December last year 4 of the alluminium welds were blown open on the tower due to water inside the arms freezing and expanding making the tower unusable.
I immedietly contacted the online company via telephone and was told it was nothing to do with them and what some people purchasing the tower have done is drill some drainage holes in the bottoms of the arms of the tower so any water can drain out and therefore is unable to freeze and cause the damage. Apparently the new model of this tower comes with these drainage holes already drilled now from the manufacturers.
The seller advised us to claim on our boat insurance.
We contacted the insurance company who have refused to pay out because they say the tower should be replaced or repaired under guarantee!!
I emailed the online company with this information but they will not respond to my emails at all.
What are my rights and what action and who with can I take??
As its an online store only I the only form of caontact I can have is through email and they refuse to communicate with me,HELP!!!!