ebay refund minus postage costs

Mr Flibble

Jan 28, 2011
Hi.

I recently purchased an advertising board from an ebay seller using Buy It Now.

When I received the product I found it to be of very poor quality.
The edges were rough and sharp in places (including the top were passers by are likely to touch it) There were issues with displaying posters within due to poor design, and also studyness was a big issue.

I contacted the seller who argued the points but agreed to accept a return.

The seller is refusing to refund the cost of the original postage which was £12.

The seller has stated that there ebay returns policy states:
"Return policy from our listing:
Postage & packing are non refundable. Item must be return in original condition.

Check the seller’s return policy:

Before you start a return in our Resolution Centre, we recommend that you check the seller’s return policy. You can review the seller’s return policy on the view item page.

What have you agreed to?

When a buyer places the successful bid on an item or clicks “Buy It Now”, the two parties will have entered into a legally binding contract (with very few exceptions as detailed in our Non-Binding Bid Policy).The terms of the contract are set out in the seller’s listing and in agreeing to buy the goods or services the buyer is accepting those terms.

KIND REGARDS
DWA AGENCY"

I wasn't aware that this "returns policy" was legally binding.
Do I have a case in expecting the seller to refund the original postage costs?
I haven't even asked that they refund my £9.50 cost for posting it back to them, so didn't think I was being unreasonable.