Energy bills often 'inaccurate'

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I saw this report on Watchdog on TV. A good reminder to check bills and read your own meter when prices go up so you don't end up being charged the higher price for prior consumption.

I thought this is a good idea in theory but I am not aware I know the dates of price changes. Do energy companies supply this information in advance?

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
This is a useful reminder to check energy bills - particularly as I pay by direct debit, which makes it all too easy never to look at my energy consumption.

Witch consumer

Sep 8, 2008
Debtors retreat
I would recommend a switch to an internet account this way you enter your own meter reading as often as you like (I do mine monthly) and you can keep an eye on your consumption I reduced my electricity consumption by 50% by using my off peak electricity as much as possible.

Unfortunately, once I'd done this, my supplier (Scottish Power) refused to drop the direct debit for 12 months which would have given them around £500 of my money to hold take interest off, I cancelled the direct debit, and paid the outstanding balance monthly as I used it and changed my supplier - I have had enough of c**p public service and in future if I don't get the service I require I will complain and move elsewhere whenever I have a choice.

Last edited: