Sofa from Well known supplier

Chris40

Feb 8, 2011
On Sunday I agreed to purchase a sofa and chair and paid a deposit. I said I wanted to take material samples home just to make sure and would ring and confirm which one I wanted. When I telephoned to do this the lady who dealt with me was not there and I was told I had been quoted the wrong price. I do not want to pay anymore as it was expensive as it was. Do I have the right to cancel I paid the deposit with my credit card.

They said to leave it until Friday when I could speak to the lady I dealt with.

I just want to be sure what my position is before I speak to her. If I am in dispute with them can I get my deposit refuded from the Credit Card Company?

Chris

walters83

Oct 27, 2010
I hate it when this happens. I feel like this is always bad service on the company's part. If they quote you a price it should be that and no more.

Do you maybe have your quoted price in writing? This would be a massive help because obviously on their side you could be lying about the price quoted.

If they don't refund you the deposit i would kick up a fuss. Afterall, you gave your deposit on the trust of the company that the price quoted was correct, if it's wrong well it's really within your right to refuse the purchase AND get your deposit back.

I really hope it was just a misunderstanding and that you get your furniture.