Faulty Laptops from PC World

Buddy John

Feb 8, 2011
I bought a laptop computer from PC World in December 2010 for £539 on line, the price included a £10.00 surcharge to have it delivered in the afternoon, it never arrived? It was delivered on the 20th December 2010 due to weather condition! PC World refunded the £10.00 after many telephone calls and wasting more than 8 hours of my time.
When I eventually got the computer on the 20th December, I began installing my software that took me a number of hours to install. I found the cursor was jumping around over the computer so it was almost impossible to write a simple letter or an email. I contacted PC World by telephone I re mastered the computer on advice from their Technical department, spending another day setting the computer up and still had the same problem. I visited PC World and they tried to say it was the way I typed which is a load of rubbish. In January 2011 and within the 28 days I wrote to PC World, which they answered by telephone and asked the lady to put in writing what she stated and never wrote back. I gave PC World a week and wrote them the second letter by recorded delivery and gave them 28 days to respond. I received a phone from PC World today and asked them to confirm in writing their position.

For example in 2010 I bought another laptop and it had to be replaced three times before one worked?

It seems to me PC World are price fixing and selling second hand goods at a higher price then their original selling price. Moreover, if someone buys a faulty computer from PC World, it is always the customers fault? It is easier to refund a customer and send the faulty computer back to be repaired and recycle them as refurbished and sold at a higher price then the original?

The most important thing is the specification on the computer as the processor was a high end gaming machine with an Intel i7 processor?.

Here is my problem!

I bought an AdventSennina Intel i7 laptop from PC World that is faulty. PC World just want to give me a refund that I have refused as they are no longer making this computer? (Curry's and PC World are still selling Advent Sennina i7 as refurbished united (second hand) at £549, £10 more than I piad for a new one?

My position is I want them to replace the laptop with the same make or an equivalent specifications?

PC World position is to replace it with the an equivalent is going to cost me another £300.

I have refused the refund and to pay them any more money so we are stalemate?

The option is a repair and I am sure once I send the laptop back they will keep it and just refund me leaving without a computer and having to withstand my losses to date.

Any suggestion are welcome?