Argos Video sender

Peco

Feb 9, 2011
Yesterday I bought a AEI Digisender from Argos in-store. However the product I bought is wrongly advertised in the catalogue for £31.99, which I paid.

It wasn't until I got home and unboxed it that I realised this wasn't the product displayed on the picture in the catalogue.

I took back the item and Argos staff agreed it was wrong in the catalogue. The item I wanted and paid £31.99 for was in fact a lower/lesser model and I was asked to make up the difference of £58.00 (which I paid), for the item I wanted.

I was considering sending a letter of complaint but was wondering if I am actually entitled to anything for this mistake as it did cost me not only the additional monies but another long trip to and from the store.

Is this mis-advertising or am I wasting my time ?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi there,
Im a former colleague of Argos and i have seen this sort of thing many of times,

It is mis-advertised goods, but , there really is no point wasting the cost of the paper for your complaint letter,
Unfortunately due to the way that Argos works, your complaint won't get anywhere, you'll probably just get an apology, or on the other hand would get ignored.
As the fact that you've spotted the difference and paid the additional cost for the item that you did want - harm/ injury / distress etc clearly did not happen.
Don't get me wrong, it would be frustrating that you had to go back and get it sorted, but due to the fact that it had been sorted there and then on the spot is like you saying 'oh its ok, i won't bother with it and ill just brush it under the carpet' . if that makes sense?

Peco

Feb 9, 2011
Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

I was asked to do a short survey online when I made the purchase with the chance to be entered into a £1000 prize draw.

I left some of the information on that survey so perhaps it will help them with future mistakes in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to post and clear it up for me.