Question on rights and returns for online purchase

Rads

Feb 16, 2011
Hello

Recently I purchased a pre-owned PS3 from play.com from one of their PlayTrade sellers.

Now, the seller DID inform me that the item was not guaranteed and had been fixed before now, but was working fine as of the sale. However I was unaware of this as all this info was on a separate info page and not on the main sale listing, if I had read this before the sale I would not have bought it, but this is likely my fault for not reading anything but the sales technical listing. Anyway...

It has been about 3 weeks since the sale and it has stopped working properly today.

I wish to know if I have any rights to return this item. The seller stated that he was not accepting returns in an info page but I do not know if it is properly legal to sell without accepting returns, I assumed all electronics sales had a 30 day returns provision by law, but I really am unsure of my statutory rights here. Can anyone fill me in? I have only had this item for 3 weeks, and I am really gutted as I spent everything I had on it.

Is there anything I am within my rights to do?