Harrassment from Named and Shamed Poor Trader

DIYGirlz

Feb 1, 2011
I previously wrote on this site about a flooring contractor who left me with a dangerously warped floor due to inappropriate installation. I took him to court and won. I published a rating on Rated People (who removed it because the tradesman complained !) and on my web site. I published the outcome of the court case, the fact that I had won all costs of case plus original outlay and named the trader, advising others not to use him. No surprise that he enlisted relatives to post untrue and defamatory comments on the site - not bothered by this (to be expected) but he has now stated that he is issuing legal proceedings against me because I have gone public (with the true outcome of the case). Has anyone else had experience?
Probably best to accept and move on but I feel that people should know about conmen traders - I would hate anyone to go through what I have. Equally I would prefer to know who to avoid, if someone else posted negative feedback.

AndrewHG123

Mar 4, 2011
Best bet is to publish his letter too. If you are in a Union you can often get free legal advice. Ask someone.