Help Need advice

moyesm

Mar 5, 2011
I am a teacher with a moderate consumer record. I believe I have been victimised by an unscrupulous Bank.

My only wish is to know if others are out there that have had this experience and what they have tried to do about it. Only I feel that the Law says we have statutory rights but when we try to exercise them we hit brick walls!!!

here's my story below has anyone else experienced this?

"Had a catalogue with the Shoe Taylor Group. Never made a
purchase that I did not PAY FOR IN ADVANCE.
decided to stop ordering from the company and wrote and instructed them.
They immediately sent me a bill for £80.00 stating it was administration
costs. PAID THAT HAVE EVIDENCE OF THIS and thought no more about it.
I then received a letter from some unscrupulous Debt Collector stating that
I owed them £320.00. This I ignored but referred it to the Trading
Standards Office and the Credit and Services Ombudsman.

They established I was telling the truth and I have heard no more since from the company. However I have just decided to go again with another Catalogue Company and have just been declined for a catalogue!!!

I have been in touch with Experian and Equifax and although they agree with
me they state that as the catalogues are their subscribers they cannot
change the records they have put down even if they know them to be false
they can only place a dispute declaration against the names.

Surely this is wrong who do we get in touch with to help clear records we
don't owe and have made a point of not owing. What I usually do is to create an account and keep paying into it until I have the price of the goods I wish to order.

This is done because at the age at 50 + I have had enough experience not to put myself in financial jepody in old age. How do we clear such slanderous accusations and make the likes of Experian print the truth?

As the trading Standards and Ombudsman state they have no authority over
what Experian or other agencies place on their files. Can we sue them for defamation and if so how do we go about it?

There must be a way of redressing this otherwise we are allowing
discriminiation and persecution without recompense. This is I am certain
illegal and should not happen in the UK.

I have just had a Catalogue company explain to me that a code "02" Audit has been placed on my account. When I enquired they said see experian for the details as they only have the codes.

EXPERIAN WILL NOT REVEAL THE CODES TO ME AND REFER ME TO THE STORES. THE AND BANKS REFER ME BACK TO EXPERIAN. DOES ANYONE KNOW MY RIGHTS ON THIS?

Please explain these codes to your subscribers as it is IMPORTANT that we are allowed to dispute and repairs these slanderous accusations against us.

I have tried the following to get the information I need. CSL, Trading Standards, Financial Ombudsman, Financial Credit Services Ombudsman, Experian and Exiqufax. No one can give me a direct answer and no seems to know who I can go to to get representation and sue.