Waiting for Manufacturer Returns on Faulty Goods

Manical

Mar 10, 2011
Kings Lynn
I am not sure if this is all legal hence the question?

I recently purchased some new DDR3 RAM (2 x 4GB) from an online retailer (Aria) and it was faulty.
I went onto the manufacturers (Mushkin) website to see if I was doing anything wrong (which I didn't think so as I built this PC 2 years ago with no issues) and theri advice was to install 1 stick at a time and run a program called memtest86.
The test resulted in 1 stick displaying 127 errors.
I took a photo of my screen as evidence and contact the retailer who informed about raising an RMA then I could return the faulty RAM.
They received the RAM and after a few days they contacted me to say no fault found?
I have challenged them on this and I am still awaiting a reply.

Sorry about my ramblings above, but the point of my post is on Aria's forums there are several postings about faulty goods.
If an item has been found faulty by Aria's testing, their usual response is to say the faulty item has been returned to the manufacturer for replacement and could take up to 28 days?
Is the contract not with the retailer and on finding fault should they not offer an immediate replacement or refund?

Manical

Mar 10, 2011
Kings Lynn
If an item has been found faulty by Aria's testing, their usual response is to say the faulty item has been returned to the manufacturer for replacement and could take up to 28 days?
Is the contract not with the retailer and on finding fault should they not offer an immediate replacement or refund?

Any feedback, anyone?