Mail order deliveries-consumer rights

sanfairyann

Mar 16, 2011
Hi and thank you for welcoming me to the forum Tony.
I purchase regularly by mail order and came across a situation yesterday which has prompted me to find out more about my rights regarding mail order companies and more especially my rights 'at the doorstep' with delivery personel when signing for a parcel.
I wanted to check a parcel delivered by courier as it contained breakable items and indeed the sending company had requested that I do this. The driver flatly refused this request and after some argument gave me two options sign without inspecting or refuse the parcel and he'd take it away.
Could someone please clarify my legal position here. I've looked at the CAB webite and it says that I have the right to examine goods that I've ordered but I would like to know where I can find the specifics to quote to the courier firm when I tackle them about the problems I had.
Many thanks
Cheers
SFA :)

berrypayday

Mar 11, 2011
UK
www.berrypayday.co.uk
Hi Everyone,

How are you all ? I am new to this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I will be popping in from time to time to say hello, please feel free to contact me and I will pick up any messages next time I drop by.

Best regards

Nick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need Cash today? Visit us at 999BerryPayday for an instant decision & 1hr Payout.

No Credit Checks, No Fees, No Hassle!