Help

Denisep

Mar 18, 2011
Can any one help in December I paid 30 pound from my Halifax card to sky for my sister who didn't have enough money in her account to pay the deposit she then gave the sky saleman her bank card for the direct debits to come out of her bank and I was assured the £30 I paid was a one off payment only I noticed today my sister has not paid anything and the have terminated her contract but they have taken £158 out of my account I did not authorise this and nothing is in my name can they do this many thanks denise

guydoesit

May 3, 2011
i think your best bet would be to document everything and then send the letter to sky. You should also fax it and email it. I'd keep calling until they sort the issue out. You should confirm that you did not authorise the payment.

DavidUk

May 5, 2011
Essex
www.moneyhighstreet.com
If you have to deal with a Sky call centre, it can be tricky to speak to someone who is authority and can make decisions. They, like many companies, have layers of low level staff who are there to field standard enquiries with standard answers.

To escalate to a supervisor, or better, a manager, can be tricky so you have to be persistent and forceful in a gentle and polite way.

Ask the call centre person for the name of their supervisor and the supervisors manager and contact details. Ask to be put through to them, even if you have to wait on hold for a while - supervisors always seem to "be busy".

When you do get to speak to a supervisor, ask them for their managers name and say that you will escalate the problem to them if the supervisor doesn't help you to your satisfaction. Do not take no for an answer.

Take the time to find out about their organisational structure and work your way though it layer by layer until you get the problem sorted. Always being polite, always being diplomatic but persistent.

I have used these tactics to good effect with call centres and I have resolved some difficult issues this way. I even appeared on a BBC consumer programme last year when they heard about one epic battle I had with a BT call centre.

Good luck

mixvix69

May 12, 2011
I had an accident in march 2010 and my insurence company told me to take it to Dws
Croydon who were to do the body repairs, the car was driven around by them and when it was finally finished after weeks of too in and throwing we got the car back, the had changed the ignition and other parts and they stated it was done with there best intentions to get my car back on the road, they never had permission to do any mechanical work either verbally or in writing by myself or my partner the policy holder the car was returned on the 21st of june 2010 and has not driven since they have dameged the car so it doesnt drive the insurance company Tesco have stated that they and the garage are not to blame and have stated its an old car and was old and needed major work, (in fact the car is an audi A6 limosune and has full Audi history and has only covered 107000 miles from new, i have since found out that the garage Dws have taken parts of the car and replaced them with second hand parts and parts not designed for my car, i have told the insurance company i am holding them responsible for the repairs carried out by their garage Dws Croydon as we never agreed to any mechanical work being done, we are also charging them £12.00 per day for storage of the car until this problem is rectified and our car is repaired,
Does anyone think i am being unreasonable and what rights do i have with regards to the damage done

calira

May 27, 2011
I recently had to make a claim on my contents insurance when my daughter dropped my laptop down the stairs.The accident how it happened would have been worth putting on youtube as my daughter went one way and the laptop bounced of the over hang, wall bannister and 8 steps on my wood stair case. I contacted Barclays who then informed me that a company called ival will deal with my claim. I waited 2 days for collection of my laptop, did not here anything for 10 days so i called them and they said that i needed to speak to the assesment department, which would be a further 10 days wait, after a number of calls and making a bit of a pain of myself i spoke to them, where i explained what had happened and was then informed that their tech department had found water damage to my laptop ( I was unaware of any, and had no problems with my laptop) and also that the damage to my laptop seemed " to much" for a tumble down the stairs. The person also said that "due to the tech report and my explanation not matching " she was going to send me a letter to give me chance to explain why this had happened. I am very upset at this and feel like they are calling me a liar. Is there anything i can do, it feels like they are making excuses for not settling the claim and trying to make it out that i am lying to them. I have found this whole process humiliating,

eeyorebob

Aug 15, 2011
I recently had to make a claim on my contents insurance when my daughter dropped my laptop down the stairs.The accident how it happened would have been worth putting on youtube as my daughter went one way and the laptop bounced of the over hang, wall bannister and 8 steps on my wood stair case. I contacted Barclays who then informed me that a company called ival will deal with my claim. I waited 2 days for collection of my laptop, did not here anything for 10 days so i called them and they said that i needed to speak to the assesment department, which would be a further 10 days wait, after a number of calls and making a bit of a pain of myself i spoke to them, where i explained what had happened and was then informed that their tech department had found water damage to my laptop ( I was unaware of any, and had no problems with my laptop) and also that the damage to my laptop seemed " to much" for a tumble down the stairs. The person also said that "due to the tech report and my explanation not matching " she was going to send me a letter to give me chance to explain why this had happened. I am very upset at this and feel like they are calling me a liar. Is there anything i can do, it feels like they are making excuses for not settling the claim and trying to make it out that i am lying to them. I have found this whole process humiliating,

Hi, some insurance companies are known for doing this, they will try and find anyway to get round paying out on the claim. Delaying tactics and having a "different" cause to what you say are the usual ones. Stick with it, explain that you know what happened as you were there at the time, you are NOT making it up and your story will not change no matter how many times theyask and that you have paid for the insurance, would like to know how they say water damage got in when it was dropped on the stairs and the amount of damage will be from the bouncing on the banister etc.

Hope you get somewhere with them :)

eeyorebob

Aug 15, 2011
I had an accident in march 2010 and my insurence company told me to take it to Dws
Croydon who were to do the body repairs, the car was driven around by them and when it was finally finished after weeks of too in and throwing we got the car back, the had changed the ignition and other parts and they stated it was done with there best intentions to get my car back on the road, they never had permission to do any mechanical work either verbally or in writing by myself or my partner the policy holder the car was returned on the 21st of june 2010 and has not driven since they have dameged the car so it doesnt drive the insurance company Tesco have stated that they and the garage are not to blame and have stated its an old car and was old and needed major work, (in fact the car is an audi A6 limosune and has full Audi history and has only covered 107000 miles from new, i have since found out that the garage Dws have taken parts of the car and replaced them with second hand parts and parts not designed for my car, i have told the insurance company i am holding them responsible for the repairs carried out by their garage Dws Croydon as we never agreed to any mechanical work being done, we are also charging them £12.00 per day for storage of the car until this problem is rectified and our car is repaired,
Does anyone think i am being unreasonable and what rights do i have with regards to the damage done
If you have proof of the above that DWS did and were not authorised by (and this is the big point here) your insurance company to replace the parts they did (and 2nd hand parts at that) then I would say to keep up with it. The problem occurs with if Tescos (as your insurer) did give them permission (from the report the assessor would have done) then unfortunatly the only thing you can try and resolve with Tescos would be the use of 2nd hand parts. Once you ask the insurance company to deal with a motor insurance claim they are then authorising on your behalf their approved repairers, they may be unaware that 2nd hand parts have been used (especially if DWS are denying this fact) you will need to SHOW that they are using inferior parts, which could be tricky unless you have some evidence :)