Have I waited too long?

graham peacock

Mar 28, 2011
I was bought a standard def camcorder in november but received it at christmas. I was told in the shop that it was one of the best quality standard def camcorders. My first couple of videos were very grainy, suffered from motion blur and the colour appeared washed out. ive spent 3 months tinkering with on board quality settings and downloading various pc editing software programs but nothing improves the image quality. To be honest, my mobile phone produces similar quality videos.
Anyway I took the camera back today and was told id have to ring the manufacturer to see if theres a problem with the camera. Thats fine, I dont mind doing that, but i was also told that if there was no problem, and this was just the camera’s normal quality then there was nothing I could do as ive had the camera for 4 months now (although i only received it at christmas) and should of returned it sooner, despite the fact its of poor quality, not fit for purpose and I feel the sales agent was misleading in his description of the camera. Is there anything I can do?