help!!!

darren mileham

Mar 29, 2011
i recently bought an astra 1.7ctdi from a garage in preston.we agreed a price etc and he said there would be no warranty which i accepted. upon getting the vehicle home i realised the speakers werent working and upon investigation found that there was no wiring or speakers except to the drivers side.also the radio station was convieniently programmed to a station that didnt require an ariel .. as there wasnt one. a week later i took the car out and it over heated and blown the head gasket. it has also developed a knocking noise. going through the paperwork i got with the car i.e service history it appears its not a new problem although it wasnt mentioned at time of sale. we agreed the price then he went to get the paperwork from a garage down the road. im at a loss what to do .. at the moment i have a 4000 pound car and no money to mend it .... could anyone put me out my misery and tell me if i have any rights . thankyou.

T.C

Jan 5, 2011
The fact that you were told there was no warranty does not matter one jot, it must be fit for purpose. Clearly this vehicle is not fit for purpose.

You do have rights, the dealer does have obligations to make good or refund you the money, but it is not my area of expertise, so you would be best advised to get down to your local Citizens Advice and they will point you in the right direction.