Use your local library!

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
As a confirmed bookworm, I'm a big fan of libraries and make regular use of my local one, as well as taking occasional trips to the central libraries in Glasgow and Edinburgh. I'm surprised that I am the only person among my friends who does this - even though many of my friends like reading, they all say they haven't set foot in a library since childhood.

So my top tip for saving money as we enter recession is to use your local library - most of them also lend CDs and DVDs, and provide free wi-fi to boot!

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
Hi GG,

This is a great tip, I must admit I haven't been in one for ages. They are an excellent resource and as you say not only for books, but CDs and DVDs.

Tony

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
You know what they say, use it or lose it, and library budgets have been under pressure for years. So let's hope people get back in the habit of going to their library, while they still have one!

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
I completely agree and our local library also has computers to use for free and a great coffee shop with inflation-busting prices (coffee is about 90p). However, be careful to return books on time or you will face fines.