Glass Table

Gill1830_0

Mar 30, 2011
I bought a glass dining room table with chrome effect chairs. When the table arrived the bottom shelf didn't fit (the holes didn't line up with the brackets). The goods were bought on-line and were delivered on 11th February. I am still waiting for the shelf although I was told that it would have to be ordered in so although annoying isn't the main problem. The chrome has started to flake off the chairs. They have been in use for just one month. The company has said that they will replace them however I consider the furniture to be substandard and requested a refund. I have been told that as I've had the furniture more than 14 days they will not refund my money and in any event I would have to return the goods in their original packing. I have said that the Sale of Goods Act states that the goods have to be "fit for purpose, is of reasonable quality relating to appearance and finish and free from minor blemishes etc. I also stated that under distance selling, that a supplier cannot make refunds subject to the goods being in their original packaging. I have also stated that the supplier will have to pay for the return/collect the goods.

The company, Furniture Italia, is still refusing to give me a refund, but will replace the damaged goods. I don't want a replacement as who is to say that the replacements will be faulty in another month and I'll be going through this again.

Am I right in pushing for a full refund?

Last edited: