Am I covered by the DSR?

Rajveer

Mar 31, 2011
I purchased an item online which I received on Thursday 24th and for a few days before finding a flaw. I rang the retailer on Monday 28th and they picked it up on Tuesday 29th. Before sending out a replacement, they inspected it and said that it wasn't actually a flaw, but the way it normally works (it is a flaw, but that's another point). They're sending the product back but I don't want the faulty item, and I especially don't want it from them.

I should have it on Saturday 2nd or Monday 4th, but I'd like to call them tomorrow (Friday 1st) asking for a full refund. Since I received the product last Thursday, and Friday would be more than a week, am I still covered by the DSR as I've only actually had it for 5 days, and the retail has had it for 3? Also since I used the item, am I still covered by the DSR, as it's in exactly the same condition as when I received it?

ALewis

Nov 23, 2010
South Wales
Hi,
I'm guessing by your post, this 'item' is technologic .. And therefore as it is not a perishable good or custom made, then yes, you would still be covered, as you get 7 WORKING days from the date of receiving the goods,
Therefore you would get until The 3rd , however you have notified them of this flaw within a matter of days, which in effect freezes the extra days, and so when you get the goods back, you get the extra days ,
Your cancellation period cannot be taken up due to the company holding the goods.