Carphone Warehouse - They cancel contract

macfadyan

Apr 6, 2011
Hi. new here and needing advice please.

Last Tuesday, I took out a 24 month contract with Vodaphone via Carphone Warehouse. After failing a credit check for one company, it was discovered that I had a clear credit check for Vodaphone on their system.
I got a Spiro phone - 300 minutes, unlimited texts - for £25 per month. It came with an X-Box 360 Kinect, and two games.

I was told to give it a couple of days before the phone simcard would be active.

By the Friday the sim still wasn't active, and as it was a Vodaphone sim, I went into their store to ask if they could activate it. They had no record of my contract with them.

I went into Carphone Warehouse and asked what had happened and if they could please sort it. I was told that for some reason the connection hadn't gone through with Vodaphone and they would cancel and resell.
The credit check failed. They didn't know what to do, took my phone number and said they would phone me.

I didn't hear anything the Saturday, so I tried to phone their store, only to get an automated response.

The Monday, one of the sales guys phones me and says that he thinks that the system is taking the contract I did have into account on the new credit check and so failing me. He is not sure what to do and asks me to come into the store.

Today (Tuesday), I go into the store and speak to someone I believe was the manager. He tries another credit check and says that the original check shouldn't have passed and that he will have to ask me for the goods back.

My position is that the credit check originally passed, I signed a contract with them for a service, I was given the goods, therefore they should provide that service.

Could someone please advise me where I stand on this as he has said he is passing it to their legal dept.

thank you.

bakerman1

Jul 5, 2011
HI

Could you please tell me how this situation worked out for you as it has happend to me only today, i am very angry as i love the phone and not sure where i stand.

Thanks