Complicated Case

simpy99

Apr 23, 2011
Some time ago i purchased a used car from a dealer. The car was aprox £7000 and we immediately had problems that resulted in a replacement gear box with in 100 miles. The dealer had tld us when we bought the car that they where moving premises and when we contacted them they told us to bring the car to there new dealership at the new location. When we got there the director was there along with all of the same staff members.

The car dealer refused fault and we went to small claims court against them and won. They now owe us over £4000 we spent in repairs and court costs.

The problem is that the director has since "ceased trading" by this i mean they have closed there ltd company and started a new one. They are still trading under the same name and at the location they told us they moved to and we visited them at several times. I have also called the office several times to be sure that the director is still there which he is. They also since tried to take me to court for slander claiming as they are a new company a google review i did was defamatory. Thankfully the courts refused this.

I am now in a situation where i am totally lost on what to do. The law sees the 2 company's as separate even though i am 100% sure they are the same. As i said they are at the same location using the same name to trade but a registered at different address with a slightly different names.

Even the register names are almost the name they have simply added the location name at the end of the new company.

Help! this is not only a lot of money to simply let go but the principle of just letting these crooks get away with things i dont want to let go.

Basically what can i do. Can i take them back to court to prove they are infact the same company or can i hold the director liable in some way?