Repossessions up 71%

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
Sorry to post even more depressing news, but there's not a lot of cheery stuff about just now! The number of house repossessions is up 71% on the same time last year, according to the Financial Services Authority. Also, house prices continued to plummet. However, the Bank of England says it doesn't think as many people will be facing negative equity as some others have predicted. So that's all right then...

Jorumian

Facilitator
Sep 1, 2008
Birkenhead
Sad, but inevitable.

It is very sad news indeed, but somewhat inevitable...

And therein, to my mind at least, lies the fault of the society or at least the financial system, that we have developed. When a bank hits hard times, we the public, through our combined taxes both now and in future, bail them out.

When it is you that needs help financially however, you are very much on your own.

Does it not seem that the rules in place are not only there to protect the wealthy, but service their needs too?

I've seen many eminent politicians and financial experts claiming the entire financial system needs a drastic overhaul to stop anything like this happening ever again.

I firmly believe it needs a drastic overhaul to ensure that any new financial system is designed to meet the need of the people it serves, not to line the pockets of the already fabulously wealthy minority, regardless of whether they run their business well, or poorly.

I shall take off my rose tinted spectacles now and get back into the real world!