Problems with new car

ElaineH

Apr 28, 2011
We bought a second hand car (07 reg) from a reputable dealer approx 8 weeks ago. It developed a problem with the steering which the dealer put right and gave us a courtesy car whilst the repair took place. We have had the car back for 2 weeks and now have the same problem. Are we now within our rights to ask for a replacement or do we have to give them chance to fix it again?

Thanks
:confused:

BazzaS

Sep 14, 2011
This is such an irritating situation to be in - I understand your annoyance! You should take it back to them and see what they suggest. If you arent happy with the response then complain and see what compensation you may be able to get from them.

I have been here before but I bought my new used Audi from a great dealer called Colbornes in Surrey (I don't know if this is anywhere near you but I thought I would mention anyway). They have been fantastic and helped me with any issues I have had.

In future it may be best to look into the reputation of the dealer you are buying from to make sure you dont come into this situation again.