Faulty Vehicle - What are my rights?

jmlng

Apr 30, 2011
Please help.

I bought a vehicle from the Peugeot Garage Oct 2007, my vehicle was 5 months old ex-demo - no known faults.

Dec 2008 - significant faults with engine, causing it to be undriveable - Peugeot Garage fixed issues under warranty.

Aug 2010 - problems with clutch (car only done 30k, of which I had driven 23k) - Outside warranty - Peugeot agreed to fix majority of issues at their cost, with a small contribution from me.

Oct to Dec 2010 - intermittent probs with loss of power engine management light came back but would last for a day then go for a few weeks.

Jan 2011 - to Present - problems as seen in Dec 2008 and Oct-Dec 2010 return - turbo failed oil leaking. - Peugeot said they would have to charge me for inspection and I would not be able to get assistance from them to cover costs.

A local garage carried out an inspection found, camshaft sensor, coil pack gone, tubing disconnected and a fuel mix issue. fixed this but the main problems still happening.

My concerns are that the fix Dec 2008 wasnt to standard - clearly there is something inherently wrong with the vehicle as the repairs should have lasted more than 24 months unless the repaired parts were faulty too.

What are my rights, can I insist that the car is not fit for purpose and in a dangerous condition? Can I get a refund or replacement?

I paid £13000 in 2007 with £8000 on finance, finance expires Oct 2011. Will this help to get a replacement?

please can anyone refer me to the relevant law and should I see if watchdog are interested if I get nowhere with Peugeot?

jmlng

Apr 30, 2011
Comment on Faulty Vehicle - What are my legal rights?

aulty Vehicle - What are my rights?
Please help.

I bought a vehicle from the Peugeot Garage Oct 2007, my vehicle was 5 months old ex-demo - no known faults.

Dec 2008 - significant faults with engine, causing it to be undriveable - Peugeot Garage fixed issues under warranty.

Aug 2010 - problems with clutch (car only done 30k, of which I had driven 23k) - Outside warranty - Peugeot agreed to fix majority of issues at their cost, with a small contribution from me.

Oct to Dec 2010 - intermittent probs with loss of power engine management light came back but would last for a day then go for a few weeks.

Jan 2011 - to Present - problems as seen in Dec 2008 and Oct-Dec 2010 return - turbo failed oil leaking. - Peugeot said they would have to charge me for inspection and I would not be able to get assistance from them to cover costs.

A local garage carried out an inspection found, camshaft sensor, coil pack gone, tubing disconnected and a fuel mix issue. fixed this but the main problems still happening.

My concerns are that the fix Dec 2008 wasnt to standard - clearly there is something inherently wrong with the vehicle as the repairs should have lasted more than 24 months unless the repaired parts were faulty too.

What are my rights, can I insist that the car is not fit for purpose and in a dangerous condition? Can I get a refund or replacement?

I paid £13000 in 2007 with £8000 on finance, finance expires Oct 2011. Will this help to get a replacement?

please can anyone refer me to the relevant law and should I see if watchdog are interested if I get nowhere with Peugeot?

Peugeot have said that they will contribute toward 25% of repairs however will not consider covering full costs.

Is it normal for significant repairs on a vehicle so young and not abused?

The current problems are undiagnosed, Peugeot appear to be going through the whole car saying "this" and "that" might be an issue but we wont know until we fix it. This is clearly racking up the costs for me.

The most recent fault is the Fuel Pump which is costing in the region of £800 to fix.