Halogen Downlighters - CFL Replacements USELESS

sallyx32x

Apr 23, 2011
IM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY !:mad:, I recently purchased some 'energy saving' bulbs to replace the halogen down lighters in our bathroom.
They were 230 V Mains voltage CFL , Compact Fluorescent Tube, replacements for the old halogen GU10 bulbs we had a few of.
THEY ARE USELESS - Very slow to warm up, Greenish colour light when on, and usually are switched off again before at full power - I should have brought candles.
Can I return them ?, even though these are just the features of the product,
I do still need something to replace the halogens, can't afford to keep running those halogen..

sparky1981

May 2, 2011
Hi Sally,
I had a similar experience with the GU10, CFL replacements and I agree they are crap, TBH in the trade they are already outdated. I've got recessed halogen downlighter fittings throughout my home and we've now swapped the bulbs to LED, Mine work as soon as you turn them on and we was very selective when we purchased them to make sure we got the same light colour as halogen.
You need to buy some LED's

sallyx32x

Apr 23, 2011
Yes a friend of mine at the school said she had LED's and that was the way to go.
But like everything, when you google them all sorts of things turn, up I don't really know what I'm looking at, where did you get yours ?

sparky1981

May 2, 2011
I got mine from a company called Finbright, I've used them a few times for work, They aren't too expensive and the quality of them is pretty good.
Google them.

sallyx32x

Apr 23, 2011
Thank you sparky, I ordered a few of those Bulbs you reconmended the other day, from Finbright, they were very helpful.... I wasn't sure on what connection I needed, but they sorted that out . ... I've got them, other half put them in last night and they are very bright, with none of the issues we had with the old ones.
Thanks again,Sal x