Digitrex CFD2271 black 22″ 1080p digital LCD TV and DVD combi

Skiff

May 3, 2011
Hi all,

I recieved a Digitrex television/dvd combo for Christmas in 2009, at the time I was quite happy with it but overtime I noticed that the sound seemed to cut out whilst watching a dvd, I could deal with this, I know I shouldnt have to, but it seemed like such a small issue to complain about. Anyway, in January this year the buttons on the remote started to get a bit intermittant, sometimes they would work, sometimes they wouldnt. this carried on for quite a while until eventually it stopped working altogether. I assumed it was just a faulty remote so tried to program a universal remote to use with no joy, I also tried a sky remote which will not work with it. I can only assume this is a problem with the reciever on the set. I did some research into this and found that many other people were experiencing similar problems and many others. The dvd player is useless without the remote, I cant even use the buttons on the unit to watch dvds as there is no way to navigate the menu's (not that i should have to anyway).

I cant find any official sites for Digitrex so am unable to look for any support from them. The Tv was bought from a Currys store but the warranty will have now run out and I am not sure If the person that bought will still have the reciept.

I am just wondering do I have any rights to get a refund/replacement? The Tv was bought on a bank card so I am also wondering if going back through the statements would be acceptable as proof of purchase if there is no reciept?

Thanks In advance for any advice :)