Pc world laptop - please help

chris9023

May 4, 2011
Hi there guys, my names chris.

on Saturday the 30th of April i purchased a Dell laptop from PC world. 4 days have now passed and the screen flickers, sound crackles, and it has crashed a total of 7 times on me in the middle of me completing my coursework. I am peeved! Ive looked at the reciept, on the back it says

" If your product is faulty. Dont worry if your product develops a fault within 21 days of purchase we'll always offer you the choice of an exchange or full refund, provided you have your reciept".
I have my reciept obv... just i have a sickening feeling im gonna spend the whole day getting down to the nearest pc world and there gonna tell me no i have to exchange, thing is I have gotten so annoyed ive bought myself another laptop because i need a reliable machine t finish my end of term assignments. Do they by law have to offer me a refund, they cant go against their own policy.. and can anyone give me tips on what i can say to threaten them if they say no there not gonna give me a refund, im no good at standing up for my self in these situations which is why id really appreciate your view on this. :(

Graeme

May 17, 2011
I dont know if this issue is still outstanding Chris but returning a defective machine to PC World in such a short time frame should result in either an exchange or reund. Of course they will always offer an exchange first (they wanna keep the business) but if you explain the scenario and that you have already purchased another machine then they should refund your cash as per their policy.

I terms of "needing a reliable machine" my experience is that there is no such thing. I personally bought my laptop from PC World and purchased their Whatever Happens Premier Support. Not only did I get a loan laptop to complete my work, if my laptop wasn't back within 7 days they said they'd replace it like-for-like. I know I am paying for it but I'm happy with that.

Good luck :)