repair damage causes by a fault with the product?

Mike oxlong

May 8, 2011
Is this damage coverd???

Right... first off hi all this is my first post so i hope you can help!!!

I have recently purchased a light from a company on the web (not cheap payed £245!) the light arrived no problem until i had to undo a screw to adjust the aim of the beam the pin was so tight that it rounded off, in trying to undo the rounded off pin the housing of the light was damaged. I sent the light back to the web company who sent it to the manufacturer for a repair.
HOWEVER the manufacturer are saying they will only repair the screw not the damaged housing because they didn't cause the damage! But the damaged housing is a direct result of there pour workman ship. I.E if it hadn't of been to tight the housing wouldn't of become damaged.

There are 2 other things that might help.

1.The instructions with the light stated the screw MUST NOT be tightened more than 2.5 newtons which it clearly was.

2. By repairing the screw they have admitted that they had overtightened the screw so surely any damage caused due to this error should be covered to?

Is the web company liable for supplying the light that was faulty in the first place should they at least foot the bill for the repair? Or should i chase up the manufacturer?

Any help greatly appreciated!!!