Orange - Ongoing Issue - Please Help If Possible

Graeme

May 17, 2011
Hi there,
If anyone could help me with any advice of how I can move this issue forward, I would really appreciate it.

I upgraded my handset at the end of October 2010 to a Blackberry Bold 9700.
I have had numerous problems with it including dropped calls, duplicate notifications up to now having to remove the battery to reset the phone up to 9 times per day for it just to retain some funtionality.

I spoke to Orange over the phone who advised I updated the firmware and the software. I did this and the problems still persisted.
Repeated calls to Orange didn't resolve the issue, so I took the phone to my local Orange shop.

Chap in the Orange shop was very helpful on all the six occasions I visited there between Jan - March, but with Software and Firmware checks all he could suggest, he advised me of two things:
1) To call up Technical Support again and request a new handset.
2) To enquire whether it was possible to change to a different model handset as he had numerous customers with issues the same as mine with the same handset. He said that they may look upon this request favourably as I had Orange Care.

Two emails and phone conversations later (no reponses to emails other than a voice mail asking me to call them), their customer services/technician had said there was "no point" repairing the handset as I had done everything they would do to try to resolve the problem. I no longer wished to have a Blackberry due to my poor experiences with the one I currently have. therefore I requested an alternative model of similar spec and value. He said he couldn't see any issue with that as the phone I had requested (HTC Mozart 7 or LG Optimus 7) was available to people with my contract amount for free but that I would need to put this request in writing to their Customer Services Centre at the Patchway in Bristol.

I did so at the end of March, to which I never received any kind of response.

After waiting 6 weeks (trying to be more than generous allowing for Bank Holidays) I emailed them twice (again no response) and called them up on Weds 11th May.

The chap refused to replace my handset with an equivilent - saying that Orange would only replace the handset with the same model TWICE before considering exchanging the handset for an alternative model.

Not wishing to "jump through hoops" and being increasingly frustrated with the lack of communication from Orange (even contravening their own Code Of Practice with regards to Customer Complaints), I asked the Customer Services Supervisor what the escalation process was.

He said that he would normally recommend that I would write to The Patchway but as I had done that, he would escalate the issue internally and ensure that the matter was resolved. He asked me for 3 working days for this to happen (taking us to Monday 16th May) and I would receive a call back from them by close of business at this date.

I received no such phone call.

Can anyone suggest what else I can do as I feel like I am running around in circles.

Many thanks :)