Seller's rights

lyricke

Oct 31, 2008
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I sell knitting wool on-line. I have an outstanding feedback record and go out of my way to provide a friendly, helpful and efficient service.
I have recently received a complaint from a lady who says she has knitted up some wool originally purchased from me 2 and a half years ago by someone who passed it on to someone else who passed it on to her. They have no receipt or proof of purchase.
I don't normally get complaints as my products are of excellent quality and good value for money. I have already contacted this person and told her that I can only deal with the original purchaser, but she is still sending me emails.
After 2 and a half years and 3 owners, have I still got any responsibility for the yarn? I know that this is a daft question, it seems more and more ridiculous as I type, but the woman is harrassing me!! :(
She seems to want compensation from me for her time knitting the garment, but also says that she didn't notice the yarn was faulty until she came to parcel the garment up to post! (If it is faulty!):rolleyes:
Thanks for reading this, any advice welcome
Lyricke

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
I've had a look at What Consumer's guide to buying goods online, and I'd say you have no obligation towards this person. You do not have any contract with her - your contract was with the original purchaser. She has no rights at all - maybe you could direct her towards the guide for information, or failing that tell her to contact her local Citizen's Advice Bureau?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
GG is right, the other thing that is important is the amount of time, who knows what conditions the wool has been stored in. You would have thought that the fault would have been noticed while knitting...

lyricke

Oct 31, 2008
Thank you so much Glasgowgirl and Tony for replying to my question. You have confirmed what I already thought and put my mind at rest:).

katealpha

Sep 1, 2008
Beds
Exactly as Glasgow girl says. he has no contract with you and so all she can go after, if she wishes, is whoever sold her the wool.

WKath

Feb 8, 2010
Re: Seller's rights, Please help!!

Hi
I hope this forum can help me;
I sold my item on eBay private auction to abroad. The eBayer agreed, she accepted my Terms and Conditions of carriage:
1. I will not responsibility of any damage and I will not accept of return the item.
unfortunately the item has arrived damaged and the eBayer wasn't satisfied. She opened dispute and consequence the PayPal taken my money.
I am really sad. I tried resolve this case but she absolutely not happy of the condition of the phone.
Consequence, I have not item and have not money :-(
It is anything what I can do?
Thank you
Regards