Npower

baglady

May 26, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm new to this so if I say something that there is already advice for please refer me on. My problem is with the electricity supplier npower. some years ago I got talked in to joining npower, and at the time I didn't know they had a reputation for bad selling practices and poor customer service. within a few weeks they sent me a bill for my electricity. as I have a prepayment meter I was unnerved by this so I phoned them and was told not to worry about it as the bill was an estimate and it would be paid in any case by regular payments on my meter. however, when I left npower they sent me a bill for some £800 which they said I had to pay before I could leave them. I refused and when I asked them what the charges were for they said that they had been charging me an old rate for my power. I explained that it was their responsibility to update their meter charges, I had not refused their staff access to my property and told them that I wouldn't pay for their failings. Eventually Scottish power took over and I was able to transfer away from npower. I heard nothing more from npower for some years but now they're sending me demands for £63 pounds and threatening court action if I don't pay. what should I do? I can't afford to pay for their mistakes.

nmneps

May 11, 2012
Npower quadrupled my monthly direct debit earlier this year, based on an erroneous meter reading.
I reported this in March and asked them to reset the monthly payment and refund the hundreds they owed me, which they assured me they would. Nothing happened.
In April I rang again and was promised the direct debit would be reassessed, and the £300 they'd helped themselves to, refunded the following week.
They lied.
I rang again this week. They pretended they couldn't refund the money they'd filched from me in less than 10 days (we all know a bank transfer can be enacted in 24 hours).
So I've switched suppliers.
Unless you're keen on giving an unauthorised interest-free loan to a big corporations for months on end, steer well clear of Npower.

bas

Dec 17, 2012
I am also new on the site but I would Visit their office and take with you a base ball bat that german outfit is rubbish..:D

bas

Dec 17, 2012
Sorry Mr Moderator as you may gather I am very upset with that outfit and I will tell my story on later.
Bas

paulg1711

Mar 15, 2013
have just got letter from npower with new simple tarrifs as a lower user they say i will have to pay more even though am on a spreading warm tarrif.i thought the idea was to save energy ,it seems to me energy companys are punishing low users.

arogom

Mar 17, 2013
Hi, Do we have anyone working for Npower here who can actually deal with complaints?

arogom

Mar 17, 2013
In the process of switching, but how do I get them to deal with all the issues I have had with them?