rogue builders

lolo6677

May 30, 2011
in 2009 i had a monoblock driveway laid.
i was unfortunately extremely ill in that year and could not deal with the issues of the work until later into 2010.

the workmanship is of a very poor standard and so i contacted the person who did he work for me. ireceived text messages back (which i have kept) to say that any problems would be rectified.
but they never were.
i then managed to get in touch with him again and he said he was sending a colleague round to have a look at what was needing done.
the man who came round stated ' this entire driveway needs to be lifted, levelled and then relaid, there is not a straight line anywhere on the driveway' and because it was such a big job he couldnt undertake it. the person who did the work originally had told this man it was a small job and only take a few hours to fix.
even though he had never actually been back himself to have a look or talk about it.
i then contacted trading standards and followd hrough the entire procedure with them in order to try to sort this out. i no longer wanted him to have anything to do with fixing it i just wanted my money back so i could pay someone else to do the job properly.(i paid for all the materials seperatly).
after following everything by the book with trading standards he did not respond to them or to us so i decided to take the matter to the sheriff court.
this is now where i am up to and looking for any help or advice as to how to proceed.
he has not defended anything fom the sheriffs. i have had a decree for payment granted in my favour due to his lack of response, i have also paid sheriffs to serve the decree on him again no response.
my option now is to have money arrested either wages or bank arrestment but we have to provide the sheriff with any employment or banking details in order for this to happen.
this is where i am stuck, i know nothing regarding this to do with the builder, he is a very dodgy character, i paid him cash, he has tried to dissolve his company which i have had suspended with companies house after letting them know what has been going on.

so where do i go from here i am very reluctant to pay out any more money as the bill is just getting higher all the time and it looks like i am not going to get any where or ever get my money back so the rogue has won again!!!

if anyone has bee through this type of situation and come out the other end or if you have any advice on how to proceed i would be most grateful

thankyou