Warning - Andersen Roofing in Hessle

madaboutsun

Jun 2, 2011
I have been totally scammed by Andersen Roofing in Hessle. I spent an enormous amount of money last June on a complete new roof at my home and was given a 10 year guarantee. During the winter all the cement from the ridges fell out and crumbled to dust. It is obvious to anyone that the cement mix used was too weak. Since January, I have been trying to get the owner Barry Andersen to come out and take a look so that he can put the work right. On the advice of Consumer Direct I have sent recorded letters which he has not accepted. Eventually my OH got him on the phone and he was rude and abusive and said he would never come out and we can sue him as we will never get anything out of him.

Today I tried to get a quote from another roofer who told me he will not quote as he did not get the job in the first place and he knows Barry - and confirmed that Andersen Roofing were never up to the job - so, it seems I am stuck. It is not going to be easy to get a local roofer as they stick together. He also confirmed that I am unlikely to get anything out of Andersen Roofing as he has already been bankrupt about 4 times. This guy deserves to be run out of town!! No matter how nice and how professional he seems - don't deal with him.