Reimburse for issues with warranty repair of LG monitor

binks

Jun 3, 2011
I want to send letter demanding reimbursement from LG for my faulty monitor. Can u look at it and advice me is it well written or what more should i include in it please. Monitor has 3years warranty so warranty still applies.
Letter:
LG Electronics
Customer Service

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to complain about level of customer service regarding warranty repair of my monitor W2261 serial number xxx I bought in name of the retailer on 04th September 2009.

On the screen of my monitor was something like dead pixels strips running from the top of the screen to the bottom. Because monitor was still under warranty I made claim and soon after that it was shipped to repair centre. But after few days someone from repair centre called me to ask me where exactly the fault is because they couldn’t find it. I explained it and stupidly thought that everything was ok, but after another day or two they called me back saying that the fault I was talking about wasn’t there and that my monitor will be shipped back to me. But after 5 min from receiving parcel from repair centre, when I hooked up the monitor to pc, the fault was clearly on the screen. I called customer service again and again they issued me ref number and I had to take extra day off from work because courier could only be at my place between 13:00 and 14:00. I’m earning 11pounds/h so the 1day of my work cost me 88 pounds. But at the set up day, no one turned up at my place. So I called customer service again, and they gave me number of the repair centre for me to call them because they dealing with my claim. I called them and they set up another collection date. Again due to courier was able to come to me only during the day, I had to take another extra day off. Another 88 pounds. This time someone turned up and collected monitor. But after few days I got a call from repair centre again claiming that no fault was found and they will ship monitor to me. I was assured that monitor was only tested and no repair has been done. This time when monitor come back and I hooked up exactly as I was doing it before, it didn’t worked at all.
So another phone call to customer service and another collection date and another extra day off work I had to take and another 88 pounds lost. This time I heard something after 7 days. The info was that they couldn't get the part and monitor has to be replaced and that I will have to call repair centre for them to ship my faulty unit to me and then I will have to sip it to my retailer for the swap.

Conclusion.
1. I don't get it why when unit get to the repair centre for the first time, trained technician couldn’t find the fault if my and some other people who I asked to verify my founding was able to locate the fault using only available as a freeware, software downloaded from the Web?
2.Why I had to lose overall 264 pounds taking extra days off work?
3.Why I had to be without my primary display for over a month time?
4.Why I had to go for all those stress to call you, call repair centre and lose money for phone calls?
5.Up until now I have always regarded you as an excellent supplier/company and products made by LG as quality and affordable to end user goods and I still want to consider them as such. But based on the experience with LG customer service I come to the conclusion that it’s no longer true and that I will have to consider my every future purchase very carefully. I wish I wouldn’t have to do it and I have every faith therefore that you will do what you can to rectify this situation.
As a customer it’s better for me to pay the extra money end buy some monitor from Dell’s professional family as an example. It’s 3 times more expensive than LG but monitor itself has far much better specs and the warranty and customer service is just superb. What’s more, I wouldn’t have to do it but based on my experiences with LG customer service, I will have no other alternative as to discourage anyone that will ask me for the opinion about LG products.

Stating all the above I would like refund of the costs I had sustained. The overall sum of them is £264. In addition to that I am demanding refund for all the additional costs, stresses and time I have lost to sort this out. Estimation of them is £150

All the details of my case are in your possession.
I am waiting for the response to this letter to 13th June 2011 in hope for final reimburse of consequential loss according to Sale of Goods Act 1979 . After that time if no agreement will take place I will be forced to use every available court actions to resolve this dispute.

Yours sincerely,

binks

Jun 3, 2011
Or maybe i should live point 5 as i wrote it originally? It was: 5. Based on my experience with LG customer service I come to the conclusion that I will never ever buy anything branded LG. Especially electronics. It’s better for me as a customer to pay the extra money end buy some monitor from Dell’s professional family as an example. It’s 3 times more expensive than LG but monitor itself has far much better specs and the warranty and customer service is just superb. What’s more, based on my experiences with LG customer service, I’ll be discouraging anyone that will ask me for the opinion about LG.