Consumer Right re Itemised bill?

sprunner

Jun 7, 2011
An elderly relative recently bought an expensive new kitchen from a leading brand. I was initially concerned as they were told they had to pay it all up front and no itemised bill was given. I rang up and it was agreed verbally with the company that money would be withheld until completion - however my relative was pressurised and paid the total amount up front. Since installation there have been some concerns which the company have addressed to a degree. However we have only been given a list of items purchased, some of which are incomprehensible or coded, some items which my relative has not purchased are shown, and I asked for an itemised bill. I have been given various excuses saying this is difficult as some kitchen parts were sourced abroad, or that its difficult to put the data together. My argument is if the company were able to charge a final bill (over 20,000 pounds) they should itemise the prices. They say that it is industry practice not to provide this. Surely it a consumer's right to know what they have paid for?