Citroen warranty issues

beularnum8

Jun 10, 2011
Hey Guys/girls

I've been looking for somewhere to get advice on my problem with Citroen and hopefully this maybe the place.

I own a three month old Citroen Nemo van, bought from my local dealership.
I had recently had a service from a local garage using all the citroen approved parts, so my warranty will be in tact. However some 4000+ miles after this service i now have an oil pressure light constantly flashing.

Now, after draining the van of oil and test driving for a number of miles, Citroen have assured me that nothing is physically wrong with the van..and it looks to be a electrinic fault of some kind, the major problem being that they simply have no clue what electrical fault.
Now as if that wasn't bad enough, my real problem lies here.....they think they have some sort of idea what the problem may be (the service memory) but they do not have the ability to fix the problem untill a software update is realeased later this month, and even then this may not be the problem.

After a few days for them to tell me this, and i am then informed that i shall not be recieving a curtosey vechicle as i used a Citroen competitor to carry out my first service, and they are clearly responsible for the fault, as the van has not magically picked this fault up by itself.

MY arguement then is... if they cannot tell me what the problem is with the van...how can they blame anyone else for the fault even being there? Surely if these things are released onto the market there should be some knowledge of how they work and how to fix them, despite who may have caused the error in the plave place. being told that we have no idea what the problem is...but its your fault and your problem leaves me feeling sick to the stomach.

any advice on how to move forward?

apsw

Dec 30, 2011
Have you had any joy rectifying this issue as we have the same problem and after speaking to our Citroen dealer who advised us to change the oil grade to a 10w 40 instead of the recomended 5w 30 we had engine noise on cold start so we have changed back to the recomended oil and the issue is still there.