Advice please regarding refund!!

MrsMelv

Jun 12, 2011
Hi there, I am looking for some advice. On 23rd Dec 2010 I purchased a watch from a well known high street jeweller. It cost £115 and has a charm bracelet strap. After 4 months use one of the charms fell off and was lost. I took it into the store and they sent it off for repair (this took 6 weeks). After receiving it back I wore it twice and another charm fell off; this time they offered to order the charm in and fix it in store. However, whilst waiting for this part, I decided to wear the watch anyway without the charm, and as I went to fasten it, the clasp came off in my hand. I went into the store and after being told there was "no way in a million years was I getting my money back" they offered to replace it for a new one. I accepted this, however when I received the replacement yesterday it didn't look new at all. When I got home and examined it, I realised that one of the charms was missing!! I immediately called the store and was informed that the manageress was annoyed that we had got a replacement in the first place and they want to speak to us. I explained that I wanted a full refund as the watch is of poor quality, but was told that the manageress wouldn't give a refund and she wanted us to go in on Thursday as that's when she will be working. This will be my fifth trip to the store, every time it has cost me petrol and car parking fees. I just want to know if they have the right to refuse me a full refund? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks